Things to Remember in Deas Hall
There is no fee for currently enrolled students. Deas Hall does not employ a fourth class system. All current cadets, graduate students, faculty and staff are welcome to use all fitness and recreational areas.
Students, faculty and staff are expected to have a Citadel ID when using Deas Hall. Be prepared to show it to a staff member when entering the building.
Dependents (e.g., children) of students are not permitted to use Deas Hall.
Guests of students are not permitted in Deas Hall.
Sports & Fitness Equipment:
Deas Hall has a variety of equipment available for check-out. You must present your Citadel ID card to the Equipment Room; your card will be returned when equipment is returned. There is no exception to this rule.
Respect others when using Deas Hall. For example, wipe down equipment in the cardio, Nautilus and weight rooms, pick up trash in locker rooms, use recycling bins for bottles and cans, and remember that classroom areas are quiet zones.
Return dumbbells and weight plates to their racks after use. Ask your peers to do the same.
Profanity is offensive and unprofessional. Recognize that its use is counter to becoming a principled leader.
Deas Hall does not employ a fourth class system.
Locker Rooms and Lockers:
Deas Hall has locker rooms for male and female students, and faculty and staff. There is no fee to use a locker; however, lockers must be registered in the First Floor Equipment Room and you must provide your own lock. You may keep your locker from August through April; there is an annual locker clean out in May.
- Take advantage of free lockers.
- Use lockers to secure personal items.
- Use facilities as a place to change clothes and shower after working out.
- Store food or drinks in lockers.
- Store alcohol, drugs, weapons, or any other contraband in lockers.
- Go in the locker room of the opposite sex, for any reason.
- Leave items outside lockers or on the floor: they will be donated to Goodwill.
- Bring in items that will not fit into a locker.
- Sleep in the locker rooms, they are for changing and showering only.
Deas Hall is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Deas Hall does not have a towel service.
Tobacco: The Citadel is a tobacco-free campus.