School of Business Administration
The mission of The Citadel School of Business Administration (CSBA) is to educate and develop leaders of principle to serve a global community.
Our teaching, scholarship, and service are based on our commitment to these values:
- Integrity, diversity, and respect for others
- Professional and intellectual development of all members of the CSBA community
- Excellence through continuous improvement
Who We Are
We are part of a teaching institution with a long tradition of high quality education and leadership development. We value teaching first, but recognize that scholarship and service are its essential complements. We encourage and reward all types of scholarship, emphasizing a balance between applied and pedagogical research, with discipline-based scholarship in a supporting role. Our focus on leadership development arises from our historical roots as The Military College of South Carolina. The core undergraduate program requires that all students be members of the South Carolina Corps of Cadets, which serves as a learning laboratory for leadership. We also offer a non-military evening and summer undergraduate program, as well as an excellent graduate program, that focus on leadership development through both coursework and ancillary programs such as our Leadership Forum.
Who We Can Become
- We will be the undergraduate business school of choice for those who aspire to leadership positions in business, the military, or public service and who recognize the beneficial developmental environment that a military school offers.
- We will be the MBA program of choice for working professionals who aspire to become principled leaders in their organizations.
- Graduates of our programs will exhibit leadership characteristics and traits that will allow them to excel in their chosen career fields.
In furtherance of this vision, we seek to become recognized internally and externally as an excellent, multi-faceted business school that consistently:
- Prepares students for a variety of business career fields by offering a wide range of electives organized into career pathways
- Offers career planning and internship programs to assist students in making career choices
- Interacts globally and provides study and travel options for students and faculty
- Serves as a support mechanism in state and regional economic development
- Provides support for faculty excellence in the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service.