Hall of Fame
The Baker School of Business Hall of Fame recognizes those individuals who are leaders in their respective fields. The event, held every other year, honors and thanks the recipients for their contributions to the business community.
2019 Hall of Fame Sponsors
- Liollio Architecture
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Rick & Mary Lee Bastin, Class of ‘65
- Michael Duffy, Class of ‘65
- F.Lynn Foltz, Class of ‘65
- Jimmy & Bunny Kerr, Class of ‘65
- Robert & Sandy Nettles, Class of '69
- Ed & Elaine Pendarvis, Class of ‘65
- Michel Robinson, Class of ‘65
- Stephen Smith, Class of ‘65
- Jay White, Class of '92
- The Gaillard Center
- Mr. Ryan Kaysan, Video Production
- MUSC Printing
- Mr. Russ Pace, Photography
- Ms. Dana Sharbrough, Charleston Floral Designs
- Mr. Jarret Sonta, Webpage
- Mr. John Whitten, Program Design
Past Hall of Fame Recipients
Leaders of Principle have enjoyed substantial success in business or public service and have made significant contributions to their communities. Anyone can nominate a person for this award, and candidates may be living or deceased residents of South Carolina or another state and/or graduates of The Citadel or other colleges or universities. Moreover, the recipient’s values should support those of the Baker School of Business.
The Alvah H. Chapman, Jr. Distinguished Leadership Award was created to recognize exceptional young leaders, thirty to fifty years old, who have been successful in business and have made noteworthy contributions to their communities, just as Mr. Chapman had done.
Established in 2017, this award is only given on those occasions when the leadership in the Baker School of Business believes there is an individual who models the service and support of the namesake honoree.