Business Administration Degree Completion Program
The Citadel’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is a degree completion program offering business and elective courses online. During the summer semester, additional general education courses may be available.
Students may begin taking Citadel courses at any time as long as 30 college credit hours have been transferred to The Citadel, most of which should be General Education courses, including courses in college algebra and statistics. Students are encouraged to complete a minimum of six hours in each of the areas of composition, history, humanities, and lab sciences, as these courses are not regularly taught online at The Citadel. Students planning to enroll at The Citadel to complete a business degree may wish to complete the following courses as part of their transfer credit: Micro and Macroeconomics (as social sciences in an associate’s degree) and Financial and Managerial Accounting.
Typically, the following courses will be completed at The Citadel:
Orientation Seminar (1 credit hour)
- EUGS 101 Introduction to The Citadel Experience
Course must be taken during the first semester.
Required Business Courses (42 credit hours)
- ACCT 201 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACCT 202 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BANA 101 Principles of Business Analytics
- BANA 201 Applied Business Analytics
- BADM 216 Communications in Business
- BLAW 301 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
- ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FINC 301 Business Finance
- MKTG 301 Marketing Principles
- SCMT 301 Production and Operations Management
- MGMT 301 Principles of Management
- MGMT 305 Business Leadership
- MGMT 449 Strategic Management
Business Electives (12 credit hours)
- Students will select four additional business courses.
General Electives (33 credit hours)
- Six of the credit hours must be 300 or 400 level courses.
Transfer Articulation from South Carolina Technical Colleges
Please note that the following information is only an advising tool with a suggested list of courses for students who are beginning their college coursework within the South Carolina Technical College System with the intent to transfer to The Citadel. The Citadel’s degree completion programs offer significant flexibility with course selection and transfer credits that provides additional choices, as noted in the official degree completion program of study.
An earned Associate in Arts degree from a South Carolina technical college can fulfill all the Prerequisite and General Education requirements. Students will have to work with their SC technical college advisor to be certain they are taking the prescribed requirements for their associate’s degree. Use this Transfer Guide to help ensure requirements for both institutions are being met.
View the Transfer Policy for Public Two-Year and Four-Year Institutions in South Carolina for more information about transfer requirements. For a list of universally transferable courses in South Carolina, visit the South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center. The Citadel may accept additional transfer credit from SC and other institutions not listed on the approved list. For additional information about acceptable transfer credit, use CollegeTransfer.Net to search for your institution.