VA Educational Benefits
The Citadel’s Veterans Student Success Center assists service members, veterans, and their dependents in managing their Veteran educational benefits. Explore our page to find important information ranging from the first steps in using your benefits, to most frequently asked questions. Feel free to stop by our office or give us a call if you have any questions.
The Citadel offers dedicated tracks to help you achieve your education goals, whether you are pursuing a bachelor’s or working toward our master’s degree.
We thank you for your service to our great nation!
*The Citadel’s Veterans Student Success Center employees are not employed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are state employees of The Citadel and our responsibility is to interpret, explain, and administer VA regulations as they apply to you while attending The Citadel.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.va.gov/
Federal Tuition Assistance
The Military Tuition Assistance benefit is paid to eligible active duty and members of the National Guard or Reserves. There is authorization for specific eligibility criteria for each branch of service. Service members should contact their local Education Service Officer (ESO) or representative prior to enrolling in college.
Prospective students should visit the following websites before deciding to attend The Citadel.
Tuition Assistance (TA) Decide provides a comparison tool to assist participants of DoD’s TA program in making an informed choice on schools and education programs. Although the website is designed for individuals, your ESO can also be of assistance in the process.
Steps you should take in using Tuition Assistance:
- Contact your ESO or representative at your local military installation. Please keep in mind that the availability of TA funds varies by your branch of service or command.
- If you are eligible for TA, explore The Citadel’s degree programs and apply for admissions.
- Steps to follow once you are admitted to The Citadel:
- Contact your Citadel academic advisor for your degree program and select your classes each semester
- Complete your TA with your respective branch of service. Once approved, submit your approved TA voucher or authorization to the Office of the Treasurer by email at TRSR@citadel.edu. If you are using TA along with VA Educational Benefits, please submit a copy of your TA authorization to the Veteran Student Success Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Tuition Assistance Resources
Refer to the Department of Defense for general guidelines and assistance as well as the branch of service for specifics. We also encourage you to visit Tuition Assistance (TA) Decide.