Cadets, fifth year and veteran day students who have been discharged from The Citadel and are eligible to return must fill out an application for readmission. This form is for undergraduate student use only.
Fall: June 1st
Spring: October 1st
Summer: March 1st
If a deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it is extended to the next business day.
The application fee is $40.00 and is nonrefundable. Any application submitted after the deadline will be subject to a $50.00 late readmission application fee in addition to the on-time application fee for a total of $90.00.
NOTE: The above deadlines require that ALL application materials must be completed and received by the designated deadline. This includes:
- Readmission Application
- Application Fee
- Letter of Intent
- Applicants returning from military leave should submit their DD214 form to show discharge from the US military
- Medical Certification Statement (cadets only)
- Medical Emergency Form (cadets only)
- Medical History and Physical Examination Form (cadets only) - only required under the following circumstances:
a)You have been separated from The Citadel for a period greater than one year;
b)You were discharged as a result of a medical problem;
c)You have experienced medical problems since last attending The Citadel
- Copy of the front and back of your medical insurance card (cadets only)
- Applicants returning from an academic discharge need to complete an interview with the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs
- Applicants returning from a conduct related discharge need to complete an interview with the Assistant Commandant for Discipline
- Official transcripts from all colleges the student has attended since leaving The Citadel. Please note these transcripts must be mailed directly from the other college to The Citadel.
For questions regarding readmission, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (843) 953-6969.