Official College Transcript
An official college transcript is one that is sent directly from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina to the requestor. It bears the college seal, along with a date and official signature. Most colleges require an official record. The Citadel has authorized Parchment Exchange to provide transcript ordering via the Internet.
The Citadel is unable to provide unofficial transcripts for students. Only current Citadel students are able to pull unofficial transcripts through their Lesesne Gateway. Only official Citadel transcripts can be ordered.
How to Order Your Official Transcript
Former Students who attended The Citadel
Step 1: Go to the Parchment webpage to to begin the ordering process.
Step 2: If this is your first time ordering an official transcript through Parchment, you must create a Parchment account.
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS YOUR LESESNE GATEWAY CREDENTIALS.*
Step 3: Complete and verify your personal and contact information.
Step 4. Select Destination and Documents
- Organization: Search Parchment’s Receiver Network for your destination.
- Myself: Select your preferred delivery method by choosing the appropriate Product Type.
- Other Individual: Fill in the destination information and preferred delivery method by choosing the appropriate Product Type and send your transcript virtually anywhere.
Step 5: Click Checkout to continue the ordering process or Continue Shopping to send your transcript to additional destinations.
Step 6: Provide electronic consent for the release of your academic records by your institution to the recipient(s) you provided.
Step 7: Fill in the applicable payment and billing information.
Step 8: Review all order details before processing your order.
Upon successfully submitting your order for processing, you will receive an Order Receipt email.
Current Citadel Student
Currently enrolled students can use the “Order Your Official Transcript” link in the Transcript Request channel on the Student tab in Lesesne Gateway.
The transcript fee is based on the method of delivery. During the ordering process, you will be able to see the exact charge prior to entering your credit card information. Fees must be paid by credit card at the time of the order. Parchment accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Electronic: $10.00 per transcript
Mailed with Standard Shipping: $12.50
Picked Up In-House: $12.00
Overnight Delivery: Fee determined by provider
Note: Undergraduate and Graduate records are generated as separate transcripts.
Centralized Application Service
Parchment has added five new CAS destinations that are now searchable in its destination list for transcript delivery. Parchment ensures the destinations receive the specific fields or information they need so that students do not have to go back and forth to provide supplemental information.
|American Dental Educators Association
|American Medical College Application Service
|Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education
|Pharmacy Centralized Application Service
|Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service
For inquiries concerning a transcript that cannot be released because of a hold or obligation, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (843) 953-6969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Electronic transcripts cannot be forwarded to a second party.
• You must resolve an outstanding balance owed to the college before your official transcript can be issued. If your transcript is denied due to financial obligations, it is your responsibility to notify the Registrar’s Office when your account is settled.
• Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions must be directed to the issuing institution.
• Partial transcripts are not released. Only complete transcripts reflecting all coursework are issued.
• Explanations for transcript content and terminology can be found in the college catalog.
• In accordance with the Public Information Act and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, student academic records are classified as confidential and may be released only with the student’s written authorization and signature. NO ONE ELSE (including your spouse, parent, etc.) can request your transcript, as your written permission is required by law.
For questions or to report a problem with your order, please contact Parchment’s Customer Service at (847) 716-3005.
Parchment should be contacted for questions concerning the Parchment registration or ordering process or for user interface issues.
Deceased Student Records Policy
Despite the fact that FERPA rights cease upon a student’s death, the Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina has made an internal decision not to release the transcripts of students/former students reported as deceased except to the following: spouse at the time of death, parent, executor of the estate, children, sibling or any surviving descendent. Requests should be addressed to: Registrar, The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, 171 Moultrie St., Charleston, South Carolina 29409 or email: email@example.com The requestor assumes the burden of proof regarding who they are and providing a death certificate (a photocopy is acceptable).
Per the South Carolina Secretary of State’s Office, an Apostille is a certification of a public document or a notarized document that can be used in other countries that are parties to the Hague Convention. Certification by Apostille means that a document will be recognized in the country of its intended use without further certification or legalization by the embassy or consulate of the foreign country in which the document is to be used. The Office of the Registrar can help you authenticate your official transcript and diploma for use in obtaining an Apostille from the South Carolina Secretary of State.
For details regarding this process, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (843) 953-6969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.