What is The Citadel Green Zone?
The Citadel Green Zone is training for staff and faculty on the cultural shifts that military-connected students (Veterans/Active Duty/Dependents) may face as they transition from a military lifestyle to an academic lifestyle.
Modeled after “Safe Zone” training for LGBTQ+ students, Green Zone training will help provide staff and faculty with information about the following topics:
- Understanding cultural differences
- Recognizing strengths and challenges military-connected students face
- Truths and Stereotypes
- Appreciate the knowledge and experience these students bring to the classroom
- Provide resources to assist
- Understand data and demographics information about military-connected students on campus
Who are Green Zone Ambassadors?
Green Zone Ambassadors are staff and faculty members who have volunteered to attend The Citadel Green Zone training in order to help support military-connected student from within their roles on campus. They are trained in relevant content which will help them ease transition for military-connected students and combat cultural discrepancies.
For additional information, please contact Mr. Jesse Brooks in the Veteran Student Success Center.