To start using your VA Educational Benefits at The Citadel, please follow the provided steps below. If you are a prospective student, please visit our Admissions page. Active Duty service members are also encourged to speak with their Educational Service Officer (ESO) on their base or post, prior to admissions.
1. You must apply to the VA for your education benefits.
You can do this online at www.vets.gov/education
- The VA requests 30-45 business days (5-9 calendar weeks) to process an application. In some cases processing may take longer, so be sure to apply as early as possible. Applications can be submitted to the VA before a student is officially admitted to The Citadel.
- In order to apply you will need to know which benefits you are eligible for, and desire to use. If you are unsure as to which benefit applies to you, select from the below to find out more about that benefit.
2. You must be admitted to The Citadel in a degree or certificate program.
3. You must follow procedures for maintaining your benefits once enrolled.