Information And Actions Being Taken Related To COVID-19
The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Ch. 1606-Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve

You may qualify for these benefits if you:

  • Are a Reservist or National Guard member who signed a six-year obligation on or after July 1, 1985.
  • Completed initial active duty training.
  • Are in good standing with your drilling Selected Reserve unit.
  • For more information, please visit: Who is eligible?

Documentation Required for Ch. 1606

Please submit completed forms or document copies to The Citadel's Veterans Service Office, according to your circumstances.

If you have never applied for benefits, submit:

  1. Application for VA Benefits (22-1990)
  2. VA Certification Request
  3. Verify your enrollment each month on WAVE.

If you have had a one-year break in attendance at The Citadel, or if you used your benefit at another institution, submit:

  1. Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995)
  2. VA Certification Request
  3. Verify your enrollment each month on WAVE.

If you received your benefit at The Citadel within the last year, submit:

  1. VA Certification Request
  2. Verify your enrollment each month on WAVE.

Benefit Guidelines

  • You will receive a stipend for personal use each month for 36 months as long as you are a full-time student. Benefit rates for part-time enrollment are reduced proportionately. Visit the GI Bill Rate® Table
  • The Department of Defense may make additional contributions, or kickers, on your behalf if you are an individual who served in a critical military field. Contact your unit to find out if you qualify for the kicker.
  • Your benefits must be used while actively drilling with a National Guard/Reserve unit. Once you leave the National Guard/Reserves, your education benefit ends.
Back to Top