Information And Actions Being Taken Related To COVID-19
The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Post 9/11- Transfer Benefits (TEB)

Servicemembers have the option to transfer unused benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® to their children or spouse. The Dept. of Veterans Affairs does NOT determine eligibility.  Only the Department of Defense (DOD) determines if a service member is eligible to transfer benefits.

 Applying for TEB is a two-step process.

  1. The service member must first transfer benefits through the DOD transfer website or through the eBenefits portal.
  2. Once approved, the family member will then apply for the transferred benefit.  Approved family members should complete VA Form 22-1990E.  This can be done through the VA's website or through the eBenefits portal.  VA Form 22-1990E should only be completed and submitted by the family member after DOD has approved the transfer request.

Corps of Cadets

Prospective and current students in the Corps of Cadets often ask "How much will the VA pay?"  The answer to this question depends on the student's situation. General questions should be directed to the Veterans Coordinator or the Dept of Veterans Affairs.


Official DOD website

Transfer information from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs

Back to Top