View information and updates on our return to campus plan, Operation Fall Return 2020.
The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Approved College Transfer Credits

Transient Permission Form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar prior to taking courses at another college. Pre-approved courses found on the Approved College Transfer Credits websites do not require department head's signature.

Courses with equivalences on the widget below do not require department approval on the Transient Permission Form.  If the course is not pre-approved for transfer, then you must obtain a copy of the FROM College's course description (found in their school's course catalog) and get it approved by the appropriate department head here at The Citadel.  This form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office for final approval.  You will be given a copy to take to the other college/university.

Powered by CollegeTransfer.Net


  1. Students who are not maintaining the minimum GPR for continuance must take coursework at The Citadel. See current catalog for GPR requirements.
  2. You must request that an official transcript from the other college/university be sent directly to The Citadel Registrar's Office. Credits will not be awarded until the official transcript is receivedHand delivered transcripts or grade reports will not be accepted.
  3. When selecting another college/university, make sure you know whether it is on a semester or quarter hour system.  One quarter hour does not equal one semester hour.

  4. Not all courses count as transfer credit. For instance, CEU's or what is known as Continuing Education Units, Remedial Course credits, and Credit-by-exam earned at other institutions are not generally counted as transfer credit.

  5. A grade of C- or better must be earned for transfer credit to be considered from other institutions. Courses graded on a Pass/Fail basis (typically identified as a grade of "P" or "F" on a transcript) will only be considered if the institution where the courses were completed indicates in their published grade scale that a "Pass" or grade "P" is equivalent to a grade of "C" or better. 


The South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center (SC TRAC) is a resource that helps students transfer between South Carolina colleges and universities:  or mobile app Academic GPS.

Students who have been or are thinking about taking courses at an institution outside of South Carolina should utilize  This tool allows students to search for course equivalencies at colleges and universities inside and outside of the state of South Carolina.  








Back to Top