Receiving Packages & Shipments
Central Supply/Receiving will receive all packages and shipments that are delivered on campus to members of the faculty, staff, and cadets by carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, and others. US Mail is delivered to the on-campus US Post Office (located in Mark Clark Hall).
- Shipments and packages will be receipted and held at the Central Supply Warehouse located behind McAlister Field House.
- Unsatisfactory package conditions will be noted on the delivery schedule and on the face of the package.
- Damages to packages will be handled directly with the shipper (UPS, FedEx, etc) by the recipient.
- Perishable packages will be kept under refrigeration.
Faculty and Staff Procedures
- Faculty/staff packages addressed to the member's department will be delivered to the department as addressed.
- Notification of receipt of a package will be sent to recipient's e-mail or, if set up on the Mydigitaldoorman website preferences, by mobile text message.
- Packages will not be delivered to a recipient's on-campus quarters.
- Cadets will be given five (5) days from date of notice to pick up packages. A second notice will be sent to the recipient and if the package is not picked up within the 2nd five day notice period it will be returned to the sender.
Supply management CANNOT PAY C.O.D. CHARGES; therefore, recipients will be notified and must leave the amount owed with the Supply Manager.
UPS will attempt to deliver C.O.D. packages on three consecutive days.
Recipients of C.O.D. packages will be notified using the C.O.D. Package Notification.
If you have a tracking number, you can track most packages on the shipper's website: