- Student resumes are typically 1 page with exceptions like federal resumes, medical school resumes and/or CVs
- Use 10.5 to 11 point type font and be consistent with formatting
- Focus on information that is relevant to the employer and job
- Include key words taken directly from the job description
- Quantify your results, when possible
Write a Resume
A resume and cover letter are tools to make an impact on a potential employer with the expressed purpose of securing an interview. Writing a quality resume and cover letter begins with a targeted summary of your skills and experiences which will convince employers you have the skills needed to be successful in their organization.
GETTING STARTED TIPS
Jobipedia has gathered tips and advice from hiring managers, recruiters, and talent acquisition experts from Fortune 500 companies. Their free resume generator will help you create or polish a resume for an internship or entry-level job.
Visit The Citadel Career Center for samples and support during drop-in hours, Monday - Thursday, 1:00 - 4:00.