(over 10 miles one way - 20 round trip)
- Local travel is defined as any round trip of 20 miles or more.
- Travel for less than 20 miles round trip is NOT reimbursable.
- If monthly cumulative local travel is over 40 miles, mileage may be reimbursed. Submit a travel reimbursement document at the end of the month for all local travel during that month. You may use a mileage log to document the business travel.
- On campus travel is not reimbursable.
- A Travel Authorization is not required for travel under a 50 mile radius (100 mile round trip).
- For travel over 50 miles you must obtain a travel authorization number or have a blanket travel approval.
- Reimbursement is requested through a travel reimbursement document.
- More than one local travel reimbursement may be requested on a single travel reimbursement document. Each individual round trip must be documented separately.