Complete the Travel Authorization Request
You cannot approve your own travel - therefore you need to enter a Travel Authorization Request before you make any concrete travel plans. A travel authorization number is required before any expenses can be paid.
- Log into Lesesne Gateway
- Click on the Employee tab, then select, One Stop Desk Top
- Click on the Travel link and complete the electronic form.
- The form will then be routed electronically to your Department Head for approval.
- A travel authorization number will be assigned as soon as your travel is approved. You can obtain this number by re-entering the Travel Authorization system.
- Travel within a 50 mile radius (100 mile round trip) does not require a TA Number.
BLANKET TRAVEL ORDERS
Employees that use a blanket travel order for in-state travel should follow the procedure below to obtain the travel authorization number.
Enter a travel request in the TAR system (under one-stop on the Quick Links from the Home Page)
Under Proposal of Travel enter "blanket travel request for FYyy"
Under Departure Date enter "July 1, yyyy"
Under Return Date enter "June 30, yyyy"
Under Itinerary enter "various"
Complete the remainder of the form as appropriate (no cost information is necessary)
Once the form is approved by your supervisor, a travel authorization number will be established. return to the TAR system and click review or change request to get the authorization number. Please note this number, as you will use it for all in-state travel for the fiscal year.