Alumni, up to 3 years, are invited to use Handshake, our Career Management System. Click here to "sign up for a new account." Choose "Alumnus" and follow prompts. Accounts are approved during business hours.
I AM MOVING TO CHARLESTON. CAN YOU HELP ME?
Most alumni seeking help are moving back to the Charleston area. If you are seeking entry level to 3 - 5 yrs experience positions, please see message above. For mid - late career professionals, see these fantastic Charleston resources to understand our economy.
- Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA): Data on our 5 five major industries
- Charleston Community Guide: TriCounty area resources, all in one place
- Charleston Works: Tech sector companies & jobs with "NOW HIRING" easily accessible
- Charleston Open Source: Jobs, community information, business news and more
- Restart Community Groups: Free career guidance to enhance job search skills
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce: A go-to for local resources, information and networking
DO YOU HAVE APPOINTMENT TIMES FOR ALUMNI?
While our focus is current students, depending on availability, we will schedule a 30-minute phone call or in-person appointment for general career guidance, which includes document review and a job search plan of action. Alumni over three years who use our services are asked to make a contribution of $50 to The Career Center Fund with TCF, which supports our internship scholarship program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For advanced or reoccurring career counseling needs, alumni should seek professional career counseling services. Butch Howard with Choice Point Consulting offers one, free 30-minute assessment. Prices for services vary from executive resume writing at $250, up to full skills assessment packages ranging from $2000 - $2500 for 12-14 hours. For details, contact ButchHoward@choicepointsc.com / ph (843) 437-3542.
CAN YOU GIVE ME RESUME FEEDBACK?
Our area of expertise is entry-level and first-time job seekers. If you fit this description, email us at email@example.com. Depending on how advanced your needs are (and the time of the year), we may be able to offer limited help for more advanced alumni. Resumes are very specific to your goals; one resume does not fit all situations. A lot of good advice to be found on websites like Work it Daily's You Tube channel and Job Jenny.
CAN YOU HELP ME FIND ALUMNI IN (NAME YOUR LOCATION)?
- Alumni can access Citadel Alumni Association Clubs and Classes. If you are looking for support from The Citadel Alumni Association, we recommend contacting the Office of Alumni Affairs and/or connect with your local club to begin networking.
- Use LinkedIn Alumni Tool, the most effective job search strategy there is, to connect with your network to ask advice and direction. Here is a quick overview to get you started!
MAJOR EMPLOYER RESOURCES in SC, NC, GA, FL, and D.C. area