Alumni Career Resources
DO YOU HAVE APPOINTMENT TIMES FOR ALUMNI?
Alumni, up to 3 years, may schedule a 30-min call for support with job search strategies and access Handshake, our job board, employer database and event schedule.
Alumni over 3 years from graduation also have access to a 30 minute career consultation, but are asked to make a contribution of $50 to The Career Center Fund with TCF, which supports our internship scholarship program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
CAN YOU GIVE ME RESUME FEEDBACK?
We are no longer able to provide online resume reviews for alumni, since our focus is students, but please refer to the above message or email us at email@example.com if you are under 3yrs from graduation to schedule an appointment.
Resumes are very specific to your goals; one resume does not fit all situations. A lot of good FREE advice can be found on websites like Work it Daily's You Tube channel and Job Jenny. We are also currently partnering with RezRev (www.therezrev.com) for alumni referrals. Email Brittany Betit or Jackie Kohlhepp at firstname.lastname@example.org for:
- Resume Refresh - $95 includes a 30min. phone/zoom session to align on your career goals, a thorough review of your resume, and strategic actions you can take to make your resume pop.
- Resume Revamp - $225 includes a 1hr phone/zoom session to align career goals, a thorough review of your resume, and customized resume editing/tailoring.
I AM MOVING TO CHARLESTON. CAN YOU HELP ME?
If you are seeking positions for entry level – 5yrs experience, alumni may access Handshake, our job board and employer database. For mid - late career professionals, this is not the best resource, but we would encourage you to reach out to RezRev above, to offer direction. Also, these fantastic Charleston resources will help you better understand our economy.
- Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA): Data on our 5 five major industries
- Charleston Community Guide: TriCounty area resources, all in one place
- Charleston Works: Tech sector companies & jobs with "NOW HIRING" easily accessible
- Charleston Open Source: Jobs, community information, business news and more
- Restart Community Groups: Free career guidance to enhance job search skills
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce: A go-to for local resources, information and networking
CAN YOU HELP ME FIND ALUMNI IN (NAME YOUR LOCATION)?
- Alumni have free access Citadel Alumni Association Clubs and Classes.
- If you are looking for support from The Citadel Alumni Association, for networking, we recommend contacting the Office of Alumni Affairs and/or connect with your local club to begin networking.
- Use LinkedIn Alumni Tool, the most effective job search strategy there is, to connect with your network to ask advice and direction. Here is a quick overview to get you started!
MAJOR EMPLOYER RESOURCES in SC, NC, GA, FL, and D.C. area
ONLINE CAREER COUNSELNG FREE RESOURCES
Work it Daily You Tube Channel with Career Counselor J.T. O'Donnell (FREE YOU TUBE TUTORIALS)