Acquiring Surplus Property for Department Use
Contact LTC James de Luca to see if needed items are available from Surplus Property inventories.
Items Currently Obtainable from Surplus: (to see picture, if available, click on item)
(16) Burgundy upholstered conference chairs with countoured back and brass nailhead trim
(1) Double pedestal desk with two file drawers, 2 utility drawers and center pencil drawer
(1) Workstation with overhead shelf
(1) Double Chest of drawers (green w/ stenciling)
(1) Storage Cabinet 8' 2 1/2" W x 28" Deep x 40" H (ends not finished)
***Library Surplus Items***List updated 1/14/14
These items are available from the library: Library Surplus Listing with Pictures
Among the items are side chairs, desks, tables, file cabinets, display cases and security gates. They can be viewed for a short time at the library and will be moved to the Central Supply Warehouse very soon. We will post here when the items have been moved to the warehouse.
Disposal of Surplus Property
Whenever property is determined to be excess to the needs of the college, the property will be declared surplus and disposed of through the State Surplus Property Program. The property will be reported within 90 days of the surplus declaration date to the State Surplus Office on a Turn-In-Document.
A State screener will view the property and determine what is of value and what is junk. The items of value will be picked up and transferred to a central state warehouse. Junk will be evaluated by the Director of Procurement Services to determine if the property has value and can be sold according to the procedures of the State property regulations. If the property is determined to have no value by the Director of Procurement Services, it will be discarded according to state property regulations. The Property Manager will remove Citadel property tags affixed to the property at the time of disposal.
Sale of Surplus Property
Junk property determined to have value will be sold to the general public using sealed bids.
- Bids shall be advertised in SCBO for at least 2 weeks.
- Bids shall state the items for sale and have an appropriate public opening time established.
- Bids shall be publically opened by a recorder and an openor.
- Bidders shall be notified of award and a bill of sale shall be provided for each item sold after payment.
All monies collected during the sale shall be turned in to the Treasurer for deposit into the General Fund. The Property Manager will remove Citadel property tags affixed to the property prior to sale.
> Go to the Surplus Solicitations and Awards page.
Acquisition Of State Surplus Property
The Citadel is authorized to obtain state and federal surplus property from the State Surplus Office.
Whenever such property is obtained that requires accountability, the Property Manager will prepare an Asset Control Sheet and enter the property in the Fixed Assets System. Property acquired under this program will be controlled in the same manner as purchased property.
The property will be tagged after the fair market value has been determined.