Programs of Study
Department Mission: The mission of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is to prepare students to meet the mathematical and computing demands they will face in their careers and as knowledgeable citizens. Through academic programs, research, and public service the department supports the disciplines of mathematics and computer science and the growth and development of educational opportunities in the Lowcountry.
This department offers several undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Mathematics and Computer Science, as well as several related undergraduate minors. The links below provide details for each of these programs.
- Master of Arts in Education (with major in Mathematics) UPDATED!
- Master of Arts in Teaching (with concentration in Mathematics)
- Master of Science in Computer and Information Sciences*
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Objectives and Outcomes)
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Statistics
- Computer Programming
- Management Information Systems
Undergraduate CS Program Enrollment and Graduation Data
|AY 10-11||AY 11-12||AY 12-13||
|BS - Computer Science Enrollments||31||34||41||54||59|
|BS - Computer Science Degrees Conferred||9||2||5||4||3|
Enrollment data includes secondary majors and students who were enrolled in the major at any point during a given year.
Academic Year (AY) includes enrollment from 1 September through 31 August.
* A joint program with the College of Charleston.