Leadership & Ethics at The Citadel
Since 1842, The Citadel has molded individuals into leaders through an emphasis on character, selfless service and the discipline to face challenges and persevere. Graduates of The Citadel succeed because they know what it takes to meet a challenge in any field - patience and persistence, discipline and determination, teamwork and hard work.
The following qualities of leadership are the guiding principles for The Citadel in developing leaders to serve their families, their communities, their professions and their country.
- Believes in an optimistic view for the future.
- Motivates others to achieve.
- Demonstrates loyalty.
- Respects the rights of others.
- Sets a good example.
- Pursues excellence in all endeavors.
- Treats others with concern and civility.
- Demonstrates the courage to act responsibly.
- Possesses uncompromising integrity.
- Is devoted to duty and honor.
Members of The Citadel family including The Board of Visitors, administration, faculty and staff have a commitment to excellence and ethics and are dedicated to the principles of duty, honesty, loyalty, integrity and accountability. These tenets define The Citadel's mission to prepare its graduates to be principled leaders in all walks of life by instilling core values in a disciplined academic environment.
Please click on the links to the left to learn more about Leadership and Ethics at The Citadel.