- Make your hotel reservations and use your personal credit card to hold the dates.
- Departmental purchasing cards may not be used for lodging.
- Complete a Purchase Requisition to prepay the hotel.
- Use your personal credit card and get reimbursed when you submit your Travel Reimbursement Document when you return (itemized receipt must be attached)
When Can I Be Reimbursed for Lodging?
- You can be reimbursed for lodging costs when you are traveling on college business and your destination is more than 50 miles from your home or work. The college does not repay lodging costs for stays within 50 miles of work and/or your home.
Tax Exemption For Florida Hotels
- Florida hotels will not charge tax if payment comes directly from The Citadel. A Purchase Requisition should be entered so a check can be processed to pay the hotel in advance or for the traveler to take. A copy of the Florida tax exempt certificate should accompany this payment.