Bachelor Degree Programs in Teacher Education
The Bachelor Degree Programs in Teacher Education are designed for students who would like to begin a career in the teaching profession. Students who successfully complete this program will obtain both an undergraduate level education and recommendation for licensure to teach.
Cadets, Active Duty, and Veteran Day students may choose from five teaching specializations:
- B.S. in Biology with Teaching Specialization (grades 9-12)
- B.A. in Chemistry with Teaching Specialization (grades 9-12)
- B.S. in Physical Education Teaching Track (grades K-12)
- B.A. in Modern Languages with Teaching Specialization in French, German or Spanish (grades K-12)
- B.S. in Secondary Education: Social Studies Concentration (grades 9-12)
Evening undergraduate students may choose the following program:
- B.S. in Secondary Education (Social Studies concentration) College Transfer Program (grades 9-12)
“Proviso 1.70 allows educators certified in a high school content area to teach the same content area in grades 7 and 8 without having the add on certification for middle-level education.” (South Carolina General and Permanent Laws, 2017 Section 1, H630, Department of Education, p. 239; Required Credentials for Professional Staff Members in the Instructional Programs of South Carolina’s Public Schools, p. 29)
Click here for a brochure outlining each program of study for the day programs.
Click here for a brochure outlining the B.S. in Secondary Education (Social Studies Concentration) College Transfer program.
Please refer to the college's Academic Catalog for a complete list of admission and program requirements and course descriptions.