Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
The Tommy & Victoria Baker School of Business has developed a graduate program of study to benefit professionals of varying levels of experience and backgrounds. Applicants are admitted to The Citadel Master of Business Administration (MBA) program based on scholastic achievement and aptitude for graduate study. There is consideration of other qualities appropriate to graduate study. Find all MBA admission requirements below.
Applications to the MBA Program are accepted on a continual basis. Admitted students may begin the program in any Fall, Spring, or Summer session. Applicants must submit the following items for admission consideration, as early as possible, prior to the term in which they plan to begin. All materials must be submitted to the Graduate College Office.
- An online application.
- All official transcripts from bachelor’s degree conferral and up.
- Official graduate admission test scores. Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are accepted. Valid scores must be five years old or less. MCAT, PCAT, or LSAT scores can be submitted in place of GMAT or GRE scores for applicants currently enrolled in, or graduates of, a Medical, Pharmacy, or Juris Doctorate program. Submit an official transcript indicating current enrollment or completion of the degree. Applicants who have completed a Master’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher may request a waiver in writing through the Graduate College Office during the admissions process. Submit an official transcript indicating completion of the degree and GPA. [Requirement waived for those applying to start during the 2022-2023 academic year.]
- A resume detailing professional work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, supervisor, military official, or someone familiar with your academic or professional work. [Requirement waived for those applying to start during the 2022-2023 academic year.]
The college considers an international student to be any student who does not have American citizenship or permanent residency status. International applicants must additionally submit:
- Official TOEFL scores
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended. Any transcripts from colleges outside the United States are evaluated by a NACES accrediting agency and include course by course evaluations. There may be a request for supporting course descriptions and/or syllabi translated to English.
The application for admission is reviewed when all requirements are complete. Students receive an admission decision in writing. Provisional admission may be offered to applicants with slightly lower undergraduate GPA and/or GMAT/GRE scores than are generally accepted. This will be considered on a case-by-case basis. There is a 6 credit hour limit during the first semester for provisionally admitted students. Students must earn a grade of B or better in both courses to continue in the program. Applicants denied admission may appeal the decision in writing, citing any extenuating or mitigating circumstances, to the MBA Program Director for reconsideration.
For questions about the admission process, please contact CGC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 953-5089.