The Tommy & Victoria Baker School of Business has developed a program of study to benefit professionals of varying levels of experience and backgrounds. Applicants will be admitted to the Master of Business Administration program on the basis of scholastic achievement and aptitude for graduate study. Other qualities appropriate to graduate study are also considered in the admission process.
All admission materials are to be submitted to the Graduate College Office. Applicants to the MBA program must submit the following items to be considered for admission:
- An online application.
- Official transcripts from the institution where the highest degree was earned. An unofficial transcript can be used for admission purposes, but the official transcript is required to register.
- Official graduate admission test scores. We will accept the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination(GRE). Valid scores must be five years old or less. Applicants that are currently enrolled in or graduates of a Medical, Pharmacy, or Juris Doctorate program may submit MCAT, PCAT, or LSAT scores in place of GMAT or GRE. An official transcript indicating current enrollment or completion of the stated above degree must be supplied as well. Applicants who have completed a Master's degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher may request a waiver in writing through the Graduate College Office during the admissions process. An official transcript demonstrating completion of the degree and GPA must be submitted.
- A resume detailing professional work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, supervisor, military official, or someone familiar with your academic or professional work.
The college considers an international student to be any student who does not have American citizenship or permanent residency status. International applicants must additionally submit:
- Official TOEFL scores
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended. Any transcripts from colleges outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES accrediting agency and include course by course evaluations. Supporting course descriptions and/or syllabi translated to English may be requested.
Once a complete application is received, we will review the applicant for admission. An admissions decision will be communicated in writing to the student. Provisional admission may be offered to applicants that have a slightly lower undergraduate GPA and/or GMAT/GRE scores that are generally accepted. This will be considered on a case by case basis. Provisionally admitted students are limited to take 6 credit hours during his/her first semester and must earn a grade of B or better in both courses to continue in the program. If an applicant is denied admission, he/she may petition the decision in writing to the MBA Program Director for reconsideration, citing any extenuating or mitigating circumstances.
For questions about the admission process, please contact Kayla Lassiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 953-3195.
Tommy & Victoria Baker
School of Business
Bond Hall 275 | (843) 953-5056 | email@example.com