Citadel Motor Pool
The Citadel Motor Pool has cars available for your business travel. In order to use one of these cars ...
- Complete the SC State Government Vehicle Request Form
- The dispatcher will approve the form and return it to you. You will pick up the car from the dispatcher on your travel date.
If a Citadel car is unavailable, or your need a rental car in a city you are visiting, you may rent a car. Currently, The Citadel does not have a contract with a rental car company.
- You will need to pay for your rental car with your individual corporate card or you personal credit card. When you return, you will include this expense (and receipt) on your Travel Reimbursement Document (TRD).
You can drive your own car on a college business trip. (You may even do this in lieu of flying.) If you choose to drive your own car:
- You are reimbursed 56. c/mile if a Citadel car is unavailable. You must attach the Motor Pool Proof of Unavailability to your TRD. If a Citadel car is available, you are reimbursed 52..c/mile.
- Compute mileage using your actual odometer reading.
- If you are driving instead of flying, the maximum reimbursement will be the comparable airfare to your destination.
- You are responsible for your own car insurance, and if you are in an accident your insurance is the primary coverage.
- You need to complete a TRD as you would for any other travel expenses.