The Citadel In DC
APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2020 OPEN IN SEPTEMBER
IMPORTANT DATES FOR CITADEL IN DC:
- Aug - Nov. 2019 - Info Sessions / Registration Opens / Internship Search Starts
- Jan. 2020 - Citadel in DC Meet-Up - The Citadel Career Center
- Feb. 2019 - Applications review begins
- March 2020 - Housing deposit due
- April 2020 - Internship meetings and final preparations!
- May 2020 - Program fee due to The Citadel's Treasure's Office (843) 953-7351- Bond 112)
- May 30th - MOVE IN DAY!
- August 8th - MOVE OUT DAY!
Overview: The Citadel in DC is a 10-week summer program (depending on internship) in Washington DC from June - August. The experience involves living, learning and interning using Washington, DC as an active classroom. Students can earn up to 9 academic credits - 3 academic/6 internship.
Internship (6 academic credits): Internships help students gain real-world experience, engage professionally, and open future opportunities in a competitive market through networking and professional development. The Citadel Career Center supports all applicants with leads and connections. Students are responsible for being active participants in the internship application process including: developing resumes/cover letters, applying to and following up with multiple employers, and engaging in the competitive interview processes.
Past Internship Sites for The Citadel in DC:
How to Find an Internship: Come to Career Center drop-in hours weekly. Check your HANDSHAKE account, Indeed, Linkedin and other sources for hundreds of active internship leads, visit our internship link for additional resources.
Potential Sites to Consider:
Academic Coursework (3 academic credits): The 3 hour interdisciplinary course focuses on intelligence and researching relevant topics related to US Domestic and Foreign Policy and is taught both online and in a classroom setting on Catholic University's Campus.
Alumni Support: The Citadel Club of Greater Washington hosts structured and other impromptu events for students including: a welcome pizza party, invitations to the Marine Corps 8th & I Parade, a Washington Nationals game and an invitation to the DC Cadet send off picnic. Additionally, students have a variety if opportunitites to network and seek mentorship, advice and direction frequently.
Majors, Enrollment & Academic Eligibility: All academic majors and classes are eligible to apply, and students must meet the following guidelines:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA for upperclassmen - Minimum 3.0 GPA for freshmen
- Good financial standing (no outstanding fees owed to the college)
- Clearance from The Commandant’s Department (no major disciplinary infractions)
Housing and Amenities: Students live at Catholic University in a residence hall environment with other Citadel students and students from other colleges. Students will have access to public transit, cafeteria options, and other amenities including free laundry, access to a gym, and paid parking.
- Catholic University Intern Housing Rules and Regulations
- Housing Safety and Services
- Optional Meal Plans
- Catholic University Parking (students register and pay at move in)