Alumni up 3 years are invited to career events and are eligible to use Handshake, our Career Management System. Click here to "sign up for new account", choose "student/alumnus" and follow prompts. Career Center staff approves accounts during business hours.
I AM MOVING TO CHARLESTON, CAN YOU HELP ME?
Charleston is a great city! If you have 0-3 yrs experience, 1) Register for Handshake, our Career Management System, 2) Research our employer database and 3) Apply for current openings. If you are a more seasoned professional, we recommend joining our Citadel Alumni Association and using several helpful, resources to research local industry:
- Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA): A great resource to research employers organized by Charleston's five major industries
- Charleston WorksCharleston Works: Tech sector companies & jobs with "NOW HIRING" easily accessable
- Restart Community Groups: For unemployed or underwemployed struggling to understand the nature of today’s job search & for those wanting to educate themselves and enhance job search skills
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce: A go-to for local resources information and networking
DO YOU HAVE APPOINTMENT TIMES FOR ALUMNI?
Our focus is current students. Depending on availability, we will schedule a 30min. phone appointment or 45min.in-person appointment for basic career guidance, resume and cover letter feedback, or to offer effective job search strategies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We ask alumni who use us as a resource make a minimum contribution of $50 to The Citadel Foundaton Career Center Fund, which helps current students participate in The Citadel in DC program.
For advanced or reoccurring career counseling needs, we recommend alumni seek professional career counseling services. One recommendation is Butch Howard, with Choice Point Consulting. Services start with a free 30 minute assessment. Prices for services vary from executive resume writing at $250, up to full skills assessment packages ranging from $2000-$2500 for a 12-14hours. For details contact ButchHoward@choicepointsc.com / ph (843)437-3542.
CAN YOU GIVE ME RESUME FEEDBACK?
Due to our staff size, we cannot accommodate online reviews. If you are in the Charleston area or are a recent graduate up to three years, you may come to drop-in hours Mon-Thurs. 1-4pm for resume and job search assistance.
CAN YOU HELP ME FIND ALUMNI IN (NAME YOUR LOCATION)?
- All Citadel alumni can access Citadel Alumni Association Clubs and Classes. If you are looking for support from The Citadel Alumni Association, our first recommendation is, reach out to the Office of Alumni Affairs and/or connect with your local club, or a club of interest, to begin networking. We have a wonderfully supportive group of alumni who are happy to help!
- You can access alumni FOR FREE using the LinkedIn Alumni Tool? If you are not using this tool, you are missing the most effective job search strategy there is! Connect with your network, ask advice and direction. LinkedIn's Alumni Tool is the most current and up to date way to see the where many of our alumni are professionally. Again, researching and organizing your approach is recommended. Here is a quick overview to get you started!