Alumni, up to 3 years, are invited to use Handshake, our Career Management System. Click here to "sign up for a new account." Choose "Alumnus" and follow prompts. Accounts are approved during business hours.
I AM MOVING TO CHARLESTON. CAN YOU HELP ME?
Most alumni seeking help are moving back to the Charleston area. If you are seeking entry level to 3 - 5 yrs experience positions, please see message above. For mid - late career professionals, see these fantastic Charleston resources to understand our economy.
- Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA): Data on our 5 five major industries
- Charleston Community Guide: TriCounty area resources, all in one place
- Charleston Works: Tech sector companies & jobs with "NOW HIRING" easily accessible
- Charleston Open Source: Jobs, community information, business news and more
- Restart Community Groups: Free career guidance to enhance job search skills
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce: A go-to for local resources, information and networking
DO YOU HAVE APPOINTMENT TIMES FOR ALUMNI?
While our focus is current students, depending on availability, we will schedule a 30-minute phone call or in-person appointment for general career guidance, which includes document review and a job search plan of action. Alumni over three years who use our services are asked to make a contribution of $50 to The Career Center Fund with TCF, which supports our internship scholarship program. Email email@example.com for assistance.
For advanced or reoccurring career counseling needs, alumni should seek professional career counseling services. Butch Howard with Choice Point Consulting offers one, free 30-minute assessment. Prices for services vary from executive resume writing at $250, up to full skills assessment packages ranging from $2000 - $2500 for 12-14 hours. For details, contact ButchHoward@choicepointsc.com / ph (843) 437-3542.
CAN YOU GIVE ME RESUME FEEDBACK?
Due to our staff size, we cannot accommodate online reviews since we are focused on our current student population of first-time job seekers. If you are in the Charleston area or are a recent graduate, you may come to drop-in hours Monday - Thursday, 1:00 - 4:00 for assistance.
CAN YOU HELP ME FIND ALUMNI IN (NAME YOUR LOCATION)?
- Alumni can access Citadel Alumni Association Clubs and Classes. If you are looking for support from The Citadel Alumni Association, we recommend contacting the Office of Alumni Affairs and/or connect with your local club to begin networking.
- Use LinkedIn Alumni Tool, the most effective job search strategy there is, to connect with your network to ask advice and direction. Here is a quick overview to get you started!
MAJOR EMPLOYER RESOURCES in SC, NC, GA, FL, and D.C. area