Resource Guide for Working from Home
ITS and HR have developed the following guides for our faculty and staff to facilitate working remotely. Below are a list of tools that will allow Citadel employees to continue communications and maintain productivity when performing duties outside the office.
Supervisors should coordinate with their employees on telework arrangements. While working remotely, employees should be available via telephone or email within reason during agreed work hours. Employees working remotely must notify their supervisor if they choose to submit leave instead of telework. Additionally, supervisors should articulate clear procedures regarding check-in times and availability. Supervisors must remain open to changes based on State guidance, college decisions, and the employee’s unique situation.
Documenting Work From Home (Highly Encouraged)
Departments are highly encouraged to utilize the Weekly Status Report form to track work from home for their employees. All employees working from home should use the form to document their weekly activities. Completed forms should be forwarded to the employee’s respective department head by COB on Fridays.
Telecommuting Job Functions
- Checking/responding to email communications
- Attending daily virtual meetings
- Completing online training
- Document processing
- Execution of other project-based work or relevant tasks
The following are communication tools that will assist employees during our time of remote campus instruction and operations:
Accessing Voicemail Remotely
Department heads should confirm that employees know how to set up call forwarding and how to access their voicemail remotely. Employees should do the following as appropriate:
- Dial your direct number.
- Press “**” once your voicemail picks up.
- Press “#” to access voicemail.
- Enter in your phone number including area code
- When prompted for password, enter your 7-digit voicemail password followed by the “#” key.
- Dial “*108”.
- At the tone, enter the destination number to which you would to forward your calls, followed by the “#” key.
- To disable, dial “#108”.
Add Office 365 Email to your Phone
Install Office on your Personal Device:
Virtual Staff Meetings or Course Instruction
Determine which platforms you will use to communicate as a team or class.
- Each Vice President has a conference call system available.
- For course instruction, information on CitLearn/Zoom, tips for teaching online, and other faculty frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.citadel.edu/root/ceitl-faculty-teaching
How to Use Microsoft Teams
Payroll and Time Reporting
- Paychecks will continue to be distributed to the registered direct deposit account.
Kronos Users and Timekeepers
Here are some additional instructions for Kronos users logging on from off campus. Timekeepers will need VPN to access Kronos. Please contact the Helpdesk to request access. You do not need VPN as a non-exempt employee to access Kronos and can do so from any computer or mobile device.
If you typically clock in to Kronos, please follow the following process to clock in while on campus or working remotely:
- Go to https://lesesnegateway.citadel.edu/.
- Login with your Username and Password
- Click on the Employee tab
- Select Kronos Log in and out
- Enter username and password
- You should see a Timestamp bar to clock in and out
- Dropbox is a file storage drive that lets you save documents, photos, videos, and other files all in one place in the cloud. It automatically backs up your documents and syncs to your computer.
- OneDrive is available through Microsoft Office and provides file sharing and other capabilities for your team.
- Microsoft Teams is available through Microsoft Outlook for you and your teams to share information and chat virtually.
VPN and Computer Protection
- For PC:
- For Mac:
- Please be aware that cyber criminals are actively using this pandemic as a way to get users to click on links or download software that can compromise our systems. Look CAREFULLY at the sender’s email address (not just the name) to make sure that it is from a known source. Emails from outside of The Citadel will be noted with an [External] in the subject line
- DO NOT download software from unknown or untrusted sites, especially those that simulate the COVID 19 spread. If you are ever in question or think you may have been compromised, please contact the ITS helpdesk at 843-953-4357 or email ITSecurity@citadel.edu.