Graduate Certificate in Sport Management
The mission of the Sport Management graduate certificate is to advance the knowledge and skills of students who seek a career in the sport industry. The courses are designed to prepare professionals for leading positions in sport organizations.
“Aspire students to make a positive impact in the world through sport.”
Requirements and application procedures for admission into the Sport Management program:
1. Contact the Program Coordinator of the Sport Management Program.
2. Completion of the online graduate application along with the non-refundable application fee.
3. Submission of an official transcript of the baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college and university.
4. Submission of resume detailing previous work experience.
5. Submission of a cover letter that intents addressing the following questions:
a. How have your past experiences prepared you for the graduate work in Sport Management?
b. How will your knowledge, skills, and attitudes contribute to the Sport Industry?
c. What do you hope to gain if accepted to the Graduate Certificate in Sport Management Program?
The Graduate Certificate in Sport Management consisted by fifteen (15) credit hours from courses delivered in-class and online.
SMGT-513 Sport Facility and Event Management
SMGT-514. Principles and Practice of Sport Management
Choose three (3) of the following courses:
SMGT-518 Sport Marketing
SMGT-520 Special Topics in Sport Management
SMGT-521 The Art of Selling in Sport
SMGT-523 Sport Leadership and Organizational Behavior
SMGT-539 Sport Public Relations and Promotions
SMGT-549 Sport Sociology
SMGT-552 Sport Fundraising
SMGT-553 Sport Information Management
SMGT-555 Sport Law
SMGT-556 Sport Finance
SMGT-558 Sport Advertising
Total Required Courses: 15 credit hours
For more information, please contact Dr. Stavros A. Triantafyllidis (firstname.lastname@example.org 843-953-4852), or click: