Our small visual communications team breathes life into the stories the Office of Communications and Marketing develops, sharing compelling photography and videography that capture the essence of The Citadel experience. Working with the campus community, our aim is to enhance our brand and promote high-impact, externally oriented projects.
How we do it
- Campus-wide portraits, including headshots and cadet ePortraits
- Externally oriented events including matriculation, Parents’ Weekend, Homecoming, Corps Day, Commencement and more
- House-produced, multi-media news coverage and products for news media outlets. Requests related to newsworthy story ideas or events for external promotion are highly encouraged.
- Marketing photography for large, externally oriented projects
- External-facing marketing videos
Requesting promotional coverage
The college provides photographic and video coverage for print, broadcast and online publication in consideration with communications and marketing strategic initiatives and in conjunction with external media outlets. Requests related to newsworthy story ideas or events for external promotion are highly encouraged. Please contact media relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Headshots and portraits
Studio headshots are taken on most Friday afternoons during the fall and spring semester in the portrait studio on the third floor of Mark Clark Hall from 1 to 3 p.m. Please email the photographer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve a space. Unfortunately, headshots cannot be taken during ePortrait season (mid-August to mid-September).
To assist with the high demand for event photography and videography, the college has two contracted local vendors available at an approved rate. The requesting department is financially responsible. For information on scheduling, contact the Office of Communications and Marketing at 843.953.6779.
For departments that want to take their own photos and videos, VisComs has put together a handy reference guide for taking photos with a cell phone.
Two cameras with video capability are available for loan to faculty and staff in the Daniel Library. For information, go to the Information Desk.