- Register early to reserve the sessions, workshops and lodging of your choice.
- Register for any meals pertinent to the trip (such as round table discussions, seminars, or speakers) because you can be reimbursed the full cost if it exceeds the standard meal allowance.
- If the form includes registration for a "night on the town" or other such fun, sign up remembering that such events are considered entertainment, and thus, you pay for them yourself.
- If certain meals are included in the registration fee, remember that you will not be reimbursed for these meals.
- If you register and pay a fee to receive proceedings, list of attendees, etc., claim them as miscellaneous expenses on your TRD.
After you've completed the registration form and added up the fees you can pay for registration either of the following ways:
1. If you want the college to write a check:
- Prepare a PR (noting your PR or PO # on the form).
- Complete the registration form and send it to Accounts Payable. Accounts Payable will mail your registration form and the Citadel check for the fees when everything is ready.
- Allow 10 days to process your registration.
2. Use your departmental purchasing card
3. Use your personal credit card or check:
- Attach proof of payment and registration form to your TRD upon your return for reimbursement.
- If you are paying more than one month in advance, you may submit a TRD before the travel to be reimbursed.