Application and Award Timetable
It is important to file your paperwork at the right time to receive the optimal financial assistance toward your education at The Citadel. This timetable is designed to keep you informed about application deadlines and the annual financial aid schedule in our office. Please click twice on The Financial Aid Process graphic to enlarge.
- First week: Financial aid disbursed for the current spring semester
- Continue assembling financial aid packages for incoming freshmen
15: Summer school financial aid application available
- Mid-month: Upperclass scholarship application posted online
- South Carolina Teacher and Career Changer Loan Applications available for upcoming school year
- 01: Ongoing freshman financial aid award notifications for upcoming academic year
- Cease processing financial aid for current academic year
- 15: Summer school financial aid application priority deadline
- Disburse financial aid for Maymester
- 05: Upperclass scholarship application closes
- Package upperclass financial aid accounts, including scholarships
- Set up fall tuition payment plans with Treasurer's Office
- Disburse financial aid for Summer Session I
- 01: Deadline to apply for financial aid for the upcoming year and to have aid available in time for fall fee payment
- Disburse financial aid for Summer Session II
- Fall Semester fees payment deadline
- Disburse financial aid for Fall Semester
- 01: FAFSA opens up for the academic year beginning the following fall; for example, for the 2019-20 academic year, the 2019-20 FAFSA opens on October 1, 2018.
- Priority deadline for the current FAFSA to be received at The Citadel for upcoming spring semester (does not apply if you received aid at The Citadel for current Fall Semester)
- 01: FAFSA Priority Deadline
- 15: Freshman award notices begin for upcoming full academic year.