The Citadel Service to Country Scholarship and National Service Scholarship
The Citadel Service to Country Tuition Scholarship and National Service Room/Board Scholarship are awarded to three and four-year ROTC national scholarship high school student awardees chosen through the national review process managed by the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force/Space Force. The scholarships support students awarded a national ROTC scholarship through the national board processes described in the links below on each branch’s website. The award must be awarded prior to May 1, 2023.
“The Citadel Service to Country Tuition Scholarship 2027 and corresponding National Service Room and Board Scholarship reflects the college’s commitment to educate and develop America’s next military officers through the unmatched leadership training experience here,” said The Citadel President, Gen. Glenn M. Walters, USMC (Ret.), ‘79. “Our goal is to address financial hurdles for our Class of 2027 ROTC Scholarship cadets, so they can get to work and focus on being officer-ready at graduation, leaving prepared for career-long success.”
- The Service to Country Scholarship covers up to one year of The Citadel’s first year of tuition for those students awarded a three-year scholarship
- The National Service Scholarship is comprised of 4 years of room and consideration for up to the cost of 4 years of board at The Citadel
How do I qualify for The Citadel Service to Country and/or National Service Scholarships?
The Citadel admissions team and ROTC detachment leaders are ready to help guide you through the process of enrolling for the 2023-24 academic year. Students are automatically considered for these Citadel scholarships once they notify The Citadel’s Financial Aid Office of their ROTC award. Please follow these steps to automatically be considered for these Citadel scholarships:
- Apply for, and be awarded, a national ROTC Scholarship through the national ROTC board selection process. The award from the military branch must be made to the high school student no later than May 1, 2023
- The student notifies the Citadel’s Financial Aid Office. In addition, students file a FASFA through studentaid.gov sending information to The Citadel’s Financial Aid Office
- The student completes an admissions application to The Citadel and submits a high school transcript (students earning a national ROTC Scholarship will be academically admitted to the Citadel upon submission of an application and receipt of a transcript)
- Maintain the national ROTC Scholarship during the student’s time as a member of the South Carolina Corps of Cadets
Application deadlines for ROTC Scholarships
Army ROTC– March 6, 2023: Contact the national Army ROTC office here, or contact The Citadel’s Palmetto Battalion Army recruiting officer by emailing Timothy A. Terese at email@example.com or calling (843)953-5221.
Navy ROTC – January 31, 2023: Contact the NROTC senior naval instructor at The Citadel, LT Justin Boyle, by calling (843) 953-1605.
Air Force/Space Force – December 31, 2022: Read more about applying for a USAF ROTC scholarship at the link below or contact the USAF/USSF detachment at The Citadel for assistance by emailing Capt. David Melton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marine Corps – Jan. 31, 2023: Contact the USMC ROTC Marine officer instructor at The Citadel by emailing Capt. Lindsey Baylor at email@example.com or calling (843) 953-5175.