The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Barracks Deposit FAQ's


 Frequently Asked Questions
Barracks Deposit

What is the purpose of the barracks deposit?
The barracks deposit is designed to help The Citadel better forecast barracks capacity for the upcoming fall semester and to enhance the company assignment process for incoming freshmen.

What is the barracks deposit and how is it applied?
A deposit of $300 is required for any returning cadet to secure housing for the fall. The $300 deposit will be applied toward the Fall 2018 bill.

How and when can I pay the barracks deposit?
The barracks deposit can be paid anytime between April 2nd- April 18th on the Lesesne Gateway Student Tab or via the Treasurer’s Office. Credit card and ACH payment options are also available through Lesesne Gateway.

When is the barracks deposit due?
The barracks deposit is due April 18th to secure housing for Fall 2018.

Can I use my One Card to pay the barracks deposit?
Yes, in many cases. Students can use the restricted portion of remaining funds on the One Card. Students must visit The Citadel’s One Card Office on the second floor of Bond Hall and request the money to be transferred to the housing deposit.

Is the barracks deposit refundable?
Yes. A 100% refund is available until May 10th. A 75% refund is available after May 10th and before June 30th. Refunds can be requested by completing the discharge process. Students may complete the discharge form available in the Office of the Registrar or send an email to from their Citadel email account notifying the Office of the Registrar that they do not intend to return.

What happens if I do not submit a barracks deposit?
Students who do not submit a barracks deposit will not be guaranteed barracks bed space and will be subject to company and battalion transfers or assignment to temporary housing options.

 What if I absolutely plan to return in the Fall but will not be able to pay by April 18th?
Students planning to return in the fall who are unable to pay by the deadline must visit the Office of Financial Aid.

Back to Top