B.S. Degree Completion in Tactical Strength and Conditioning
The field of Tactical Strength and Conditioning is rapidly growing. This growth is the direct result of military and paramilitary organizations recognizing the need to have highly skilled experts with the knowledge and experience required to properly train their personnel for optimum performance, readiness, resiliency, and recovery.
Our B.S. Degree Completion in Tactical Strength & Conditioning will empower you begin and advance your career as a professional tactical strength and conditioning coach. Studying at your own pace through our online courses, you will expand your skills and knowledge well beyond that offered by professional certifications alone. You will graduate from this program effectively prepared to design and deliver effective training programs for tactical athletes at the individual-level and/or unit-level including, but not limited to: military personnel, firefighters, law enforcement officers, and veterans.
- Learning from the best: As The # 1 Top Public College in the South, and a Senior Military College, you will learn from world-leading subject matter experts at The Citadel.
- Knowing the How: You will complete your B.S. degree having had multiple opportunities to put theory into practice with practical experiences and feedback on your coaching skills from our faculty, all through our robust online system.
- Knowing the Why: You will complete your B.S. degree with essential theoretical understanding of the physiological principles of performance and resiliency for tactical athletes.
- Advancing your military career: If you currently have a career as a military service member, obtaining your B.S. Degree in Tactical Strength and Conditioning from The Citadel will increase your opportunities for promotion within the military.
- Becoming a Professional Tactical Strength & Conditioning Coach: Graduating from The Citadel with your B.S. in Tactical Strength & Conditioning will allow you to have a competitive advantage in gaining entry-level employment as a government or private sector professional tactical strength and conditioning coach.
- Preparation for advanced degrees: Graduating from The Citadel with your B.S. Degree in Tactical Strength & Conditioning positions you for advanced studies in tactical strength and conditioning as well as related fields of exercise science and health science.
As a degree completion program, the total number of credits you will need to take in our program depends upon the number of college credits you have already earned. We will work with you to map out the exact number of credits required to complete your B.S. Degree in Tactical Strength and Conditioning. Courses you will take towards completion of your degree include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Anatomy & Physiology for Health and Human Performance
- Physiology of Exercise
- Motor Development
- Biomechanical Kinesiology
- Essentials in Personal Training
- Exercise Testing & Prescription
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning
- Techniques of Conditioning in Sport
- Care and Prevention of Injuries for Tactical Athletes
- Accommodating Persons with Disabilities within Sport and Physical Activity
- General Psychology
- Psychological Resiliency for Tactical Athletes
- Applied Principles of Behavior Change for Tactical Athletes
- Sport Nutrition
- Directed Field Experience in Tactical Strength & Conditioning
- Internship in Tactical Strength & Conditioning
This program will begin in January, 2020. For more information about this program, please contact Dr. Daniel Bornstein.
For nine consecutive years (2012-2020) The Citadel has been named the #1 Public College in the South offering up to a master's degree (U.S. News & World Report). The Citadel was also named the #1 College for Veterans in the South.