Information And Actions Being Taken Related To COVID-19
The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Admission to the Internship in Teaching (EDUC 499 or PHED 499)

Teacher candidates must file an application for a student teaching internship with the Office of Internships and Field Experiences two semesters prior to the semester he/she would like to complete the internship. Applications for all teaching internships maybe obtained from the Office of Internships and Field Experiences and are available from this link: Internship Application.

This application will be reviewed by the Committee on Admissions and Retention and will include, among other things, recommendations from professors in completed professional education and content area courses, recommendations from general education faculty, and an evaluation by the student’s advisor re­garding the student’s suitability and interest in teacher education. In addition, the student must have:

  1. Completed all professional education courses and content coursework;
  2. Completed the following professional education courses with a cumula­tive GPA of at least 2.750: EDUC 101, 202, 206, 306, 312, and 401 (See the Health, Exercise, and Sport Science section of this catalog for PHED courses);
  3. Have on file at The Citadel South Carolina State Department of Education clearance through the FBI and SLED;
  4. Maintained a cumulative GPA of at least 2.750;
  5. Completed successfully all previous field experiences;
  6. Have on file at The Citadel official records of the appropriate PRAXIS II test score(s) and the appropriate Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) test score. It is strongly recommended that students take the PLT as soon as they have completed EDUC 101, EDUC 202 and EDUC 312.

The Director of Teacher Education will be informed of the results of this review and will send official notice of admission or rejection to the student. In the absence of significant extenuating circumstances, a student not eligible for the Internship in Teaching will be required to change majors.

[Go back]

Back to Top