New Student Checklist
- Log into Lesesne Gateway (Student Portal) using your username and password. Click here for instructions.
- Register for courses through Lesesne Gateway. Click here for instructions.
- Pay for courses. Access your Student Tab via Lesesne Gateway to view your current account or contact the Treasurer’s Office for more information (953-5254). Please note there is a $30 service fee for using a credit card for payment. See important deadline dates on semester calendars for payment due dates.
- Register for The Principled Leadership Seminar (LDRS 500) for Graduate students or Intro to Citadel Experience (EUGS 101) for Evening/Online Undergraduate students. This must be completed in the first semester of enrollment at The Citadel and is a graduation requirement. Through this course, students will also complete the required Darkness to Light training. You will register for these courses through Lesesne Gateway using the instructions provided above.
Set up and sync your email account. You must be registered for class in order to set up your email account. Log into Lesesne Gateway; go to Student Tab; go to Google Webmail option to log into your e-mail account. Be sure to activate and maintain this email account. Your Citadel email account is the ONLY email account administration, staff, and professors will use to communicate important Citadel information to you from admittance through graduation, therefore you might want to sync your Citadel email account with your personal email accounts. Click here for instructions.
***Current employees: You will not have a WebMail account. All email from your professors will be sent to your existing Citadel account.
Get your student ID, One-Card. You may stop by 208 Richardson Ave. to get your student One-Card ID.
Pay for parking. You must pay for a parking pass each semester in order to park on campus. Parking passes may be purchased at 208 Richardson Ave. Parking is enforced on campus 24/7 and you will receive a ticket without a proper parking pass displayed.
Get your books. The campus bookstore is located in Mark Clark Hall. You may visit the bookstore during normal business hours or visit our online bookstore anytime.
- Access Canvas. If your instructor uses Canvas, our online learning management platform (optional), you may log in using the same Lesesne Gateway credentials that you used in step #1 to access the student portal. If you require assistance with your login, please contact the Help Desk at 843-953-HELP (4357).