The Cadet Activities Directorate is responsible for the chartering and supervision of all official Citadel clubs and organizations. These clubs and organizations not only allow cadets to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities, they are an important part of The Citadel’s leader development process.
Cadets interested in chartering a club on the Citadel campus should be familiar with Chapter 4 in the White Book and must complete and print the appropriate forms found at the links below. An organization that does not submit the requested forms in full by the deadline will not be recognized as an official Citadel club and will not be allowed to raise funds or hold meetings as an official club until the following charter period.
Should you have any questions, contact Mr. Dukes at (843)953-7775.
List of Cadet Clubs and Organizations, as of 10/21/2020
Link to White Book, Chapter 4 - Please review chapter 4 text for guidance regarding campus clubs, organizations, activities, and class officers.
Club Sports Information - The club sports program provides structure for student-run competitive sport teams not governed by the NCAA or Southern Conference and other sports-related activities that may not be fully supported by the academics of the Department of Health and Human Performance or events of Citadel Intramurals.
- Club Fund Raising Permission Form - All club fund raising activities, on campus or off, must be reviewed and approved by completing and submitting this request form. The fund raising request requires signatures from the club advisor, the building manager where the event is to take place, and from a Sodexo representative when food or beverage items are being sold or served as part of the fund raising event.
FORMS AND LINKS
In order to form a club, a Request for Club Charter must be filled out completely and submitted by 1 October 2020.
Cadet Activities COVID Operations Enhancement Procedures - Final page of this document, the advisor attestation form, is to be included with the charter submission. (Document updated 09/01/2020)
Required Advisor Training - In accordance with employee agreements, staff and faculty advisors are required to complete Darkness to Light, Clery Act, and Title IX trainings. Per Citadel policy, Title IX and Clery trainings must be renewed annually, and D2L renewal is required every five years. The Department of Cadet Activities tracks the completion of required training for employees serving in the capacity of club advisor.
- New for 2020-21, advisors are required to view the COVID-19 Return to Work Safely video and note the completion date on the club charter submission. Video Link
* * * Completion dates for the four advisor training requirements are to be included on the charter form in order for a club to be considered "active." * * *
- Volunteer Form, Ethical Principles Form - For clubs with non-Citadel employee advisors, this form must be completed and submitted along with the charter submission. Volunteer advisors must complete Darkness to Light, Clery Act, and Title IX trainings in order to work with cadet organizations.
Per Citadel policy, Title IX and Clery trainings must be renewed annually, and D2L renewal is required every five years. The Department of Cadet Activities tracks the completion of required training for volunteers serving in the capacity of club advisor.
- Leadership Development Evaluation Reports
- Leadership Development Report - Club Leader Assessment Form for club officer evaluation and feedback to be provided to TAC officers for visibility of leadership development via club pursuits and activities.
Leadership SPOT Report - Club Member SPOT Report Form can be used to acknowledge club members' contributions to club pursuits and activities.