The Citadel Department of English
Literature. Language. Learning.
Why ENGLISH? Because you want ...
- to think more clearly,
- to communicate your ideas,
- to understand our world.
Why NOW? Because you want ...
- to lead with more than your feet,
- to be ready in a changing world,
- to realize your dreams.
- Watch English major Sloan Lindsey talk about his experience as an English major while being interviewed on SCETV. Click here to watch. Sloan is featured at time marks 17:42 and 23:42.
- Cadet Harry Griffin, a student in Dr. Licia Hendriks' ENGL 215 class, not only was a finalist in the 2013 Norton Student Recitation Contest, he was the first Citadel winner of it. Read more here!
- Cinelle Ariola Barnes, who took the graduate-level Lowcountry Writing Project Freelance Writing class a few years ago, is a finalist for the Association of Writers & Writing Programs award in Non-Fiction for her memoir "Letter from an Illegal."
- Alumna Lisa Wu has become involved in theater productions in Virginia, where she lives, and that has led to work in commecials. Here she is in a commercial for Hills Brothers' cappuccino.
- The Charleston Post and Courier featured English major Blaise Flamio on the front page of their "Health" section.
- Congratulations to Citadel English department alums Richard Haddon Kellahan and Louis M. DeCuollo for having their creative writing published! Find Haddon's work here: Pluff Mud Mag and Louis' work here:Pluff Mud Mag.
- Thinking about applying for a position in the department? Job answers!