Graduate Certificate in Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership is offered by The Citadel to expand its educational mission concerning the study of leadership and the advanced development of principled leaders. As a rigorous concentration in the various dimensions of leadership, this certificate represents the refined qualities of leadership that businesses, institutions, and the military expect today.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership is 100% online. It is comprised of five (5) three-hour courses (15 credit hours total) at the graduate level. These courses can be completed as a stand-alone Graduate Certificate in Leadership or can be counted towards the completion of one of the following programs (students should consult their academic advisor for eligibility):
- Master of Science in Leadership (click to learn more)
- Master of Arts in Social Science (click to learn more)
- Master of Science in Project Management (click to learn more)
- Master of Arts in Intelligence and Security Studies (click to learn more)
- Master of Business Administration (click to learn more)
*Students who enroll in and complete only the Leadership Certificate can apply those courses toward a Master of Science in Leadership at a future date.
1) Submit a graduate application, along with the non-refundable application fee. 2) An official transcript of the baccalaureate degree or master's degree (whichever is higher) delivered directly from the regionally accredited college or university attended.
BADM/LDRS 722-Leadership in Organizations
PSYC 570-Social and Cognitive Foundations of Interpersonal Behavior
Electives (9 credit hours), choose three (3) of the following:
*LDRS/BADM 722–is a prerequisite for LDSR 711 AND LDRS 714.
LDRS 500 should be completed during the first two terms of study. This course is a pre/co-requisite for LDRS 722.