Information And Actions Being Taken Related To COVID-19
Back to Top
Biology Department Resources
- Rex K. Skanchy Biology Research Award, supports student research annually around $1500
- William and Jane Bowers Research Presentation Award: supports travel to present research findings; annually $1,000 for student and $1,000 for faculty mentor
- Rooftop Greenhouse
- Basic Science research equipment: microscope with video, film developer, spectrophotometers, refrigerated centrifuge, PCR, protein electrophoresis, nucleic acid electrophoresis, deep freezer, HPLC, egg incubator, laminar flow hood for cell culture, autoclave, distiller, fume hoods, aquaria, low-temp incubator, benchtop incubators for cell culture, ELISA, field observation and collection equipment.
- Computer lab designed for Biology instruction and equipped with ArcGIS, R programming language, SAS for statistical analysis, Sequencher and, other research and educational software.
- Designated research and teaching labs equipped for: Genetics, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Toxicology.