Have you thought about how you will spend the summer before knob year?
Do you want to earn credits toward your Citadel education?
Do you want to develop solid study skills?
Do you want to prepare physically and mentally for knob year?
You've taken the first step toward the goal of earning a degree from the most prestigious military college in the Southeast. We are asking you to consider your next step to ensure your successful transition to The Citadel. Are you ready?
The Citadel Success Institute may be the answer.
The Citadel Success Institute (CSI) is a special summer program that prepares incoming students to succeed academically and physically. Former students strongly agree CSI is the best preparation students could receive for knob year. Experts have shown that a summer transition program such as CSI substantially increases students' chances of successfully completing their freshman year. Citadel faculty members also attest that CSI students come to their fall classes better equipped to deal with college-level courses.
At the Citadel Success Institute, you will...
• Take 3 required courses and earn up to 4 credit hours;
• Learn and practice applying crucial academic skills such as time management, organization, study strategies, and test-taking tips;
• Improve your fitness level in a physical education course;
• Be introduced to Citadel culture and requirements, adjusting to college in a non-military atmosphere;
• Receive guidance and mentoring from successful, motivated Citadel cadets.
CSI is open to Citadel students in the incoming Class of 2019 who have been academically accepted and medically cleared. Let our proven techniques help you make the most of your college experience.
Come to CSI and excel!