Mechanical Engineering Graduate Offerings
Mechanical Engineering offers several options for graduate students, including a Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering, and graduate certificates in:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Composites Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Power and Energy
Why Study Mechanical Engineering?
- Engineering problem solving is in increased demand and mechanical engineers are a necessary and diverse core engineering skill set that are primarily focused on manufacturing processes and professional services.
- The engineering related job market in the Charleston area has exploded in recent years, including a dramatic increase in the need for Mechanical Engineers. Employers include healthcare, avaiation, defense applications, power systems, telecommunications, automotive, manufacturing, testing, data centers, and many others. The desire to hire local talent and educate an existing workforce drives the need for a local graduate ME program to complement an existing undergraduate engineering program.
- The MSME at The Citadel will have technical skills and competencies in:
- Advanced Analytic Tools
- Design for Manufacturing and/or Assembly
- Advanced Quality Management
- Advanced Materials Science/Engineering
- Machine Design and Automated Manufacturing Systems
- Product Development