Welcome to The Citadel’s Department of Intelligence and Security Studies
Reduced to its simplest terms, intelligence is knowledge and foreknowledge of the world around us—the prelude to decision and action by US policymakers.
---Central Intelligence Agency
The 21st century is a time of transformative change, where governments and industries must understand and forecast current and future events in a way unprecedented in human history. The Citadel has dedicated itself to preparing public and private intelligence community professionals to meet the challenges of a changing and uncertain world. With its commitment to ethical leadership as well as excellence in the classroom, The Citadel is uniquely qualified to offer a curriculum in the emerging field of Intelligence and Security Studies. To accomplish these goals, we offer the following programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Intelligence and Security Studies (Corps of Cadets, Day Students);
- Minor in Intelligence and Homeland Security (Corps of Cadets, Day Students);
- Bachelor of Arts in Intelligence and Security Studies (Evening Undergraduate);
- Master of Arts in Intelligence and Security Studies (Graduate, Online);
- Graduate Certificate in Intelligence Analysis (Graduate, Online); and
- Graduate Certificate in Homeland Security (Graduate, Online).
Core teaching faculty in Intelligence and Security Studies hold advanced degrees, have practical experience, and are active scholars. The program also has an extended set of practitioner teachers who provide real world experience for students.
Student clubs, travel opportunities, access to guest speakers and conferences, and the unique Citadel atmosphere create the right educational environment to produce well-rounded, principled leaders at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
Please direct questions about our program to Dr. Carl Jensen, Interim Department Head, email@example.com.