Welcome to The Citadel Family Association
From Matriculation Day forward, you are automatically a member of this support network that is only a mouse click, phone call or email away. Your son or daughter journeys down the road less traveled, the CFA is here to support you through a readily available network. Representatives at each level are parents of current upper-class cadets. This site and the CFA Facebook page are kept up to date with information provided directly from the school, making them great first-hand sources of information with just a click of a mouse.
Since its inception in 1993, The Citadel Family Association (CFA) has been dedicated to three main goals:
- To provide information to, and support for, the families of current cadets
- To provide families with a forum for discussion of common interests
- To support college initiatives.
Key Dates and Events 2019-2020:
- Jul. 24th - Fall Athletes Matriculation (Football, Soccer & Volleyball)
- Aug. 17th - Matriculation Day
- Aug. 25th - South Carolina Corps of Cadets Return for Fall Semester
- Oct. 4th - Senior Ring Ceremony & Academic / Open House for Parents
- Oct.4-6th - Parents Weekend (Oct. 5th Parents Day)
- Oct. 23rd - Leadership Day
- Oct.25-27th - Homecoming Weekend
- Nov. 22nd - Fall Break - commences after last class
- Dec. 1st - Fall Break Ends / SCCC returns to campus
- Dec. 6th - Christmas Candlelight Service
- Dec. 18th - Winter Furlough Begins / individually follows last exam
- Jan. 12th - Winter Furlough Ends / SCCC returns to campus
- Mar. 13th - Spring Break Begins / follows last class
- Mar. 28th - Recognition Day / Corps Day Weekend
- May 8th - The Long Grey Line Graduation Parade
- May 9th - Commencement
The Citadel has arranged a number of discounted hotel rates in the Charleston area.