Welcome to The Citadel Family Association
From Matriculation Day forward, you are automatically a member of this support network that is only a mouse click, phone call or email away. Your son or daughter journeys down the road less traveled, the CFA is here to support you through a readily available network. Representatives at each level are parents of current upper-class cadets. This site and the CFA Facebook page are kept up to date with information provided directly from the school, making them great first-hand sources of information with just a click of a mouse.
Since its inception in 1993, The Citadel Family Association (CFA) has been dedicated to three main goals:
- To provide information to, and support for, the families of current cadets
- To provide families with a forum for discussion of common interests
- To support college initiatives.
From The Citadel Newsroom
A Message from the Citadel Board of Visitors
On behalf of Col. Fred L. Price, Chairman of The Citadel Board of Visitors, I wanted to notify our campus community that the Board has selected U.S. Marine Corps General Glenn M. Walters to serve as the college’s 20th President. The announcement below will soon be released to media, so we wanted you to have the information first.
Col. John L. Dorrian
Office of Communications and Marketing, The Citadel
Cadets have been granted electronic access to their ePortraits, including yearbook pictures, leadership photos, company class photos and ring photos.
Instructions to access photos:
- Log into Lesesne Gateway (portal.citadel.edu)
- Click on the Campus Life tab•
- Navigate to the Photography and PR box•
- Click on Cadet Portraits, Class Photos, Ring Photos
What you’ll find online:
- Yearbook Portraits and Company Class Photos (if cadets had pictures taken).
- Senior cadets, if they participated in the Ring Ceremony, will receive Ring Portraits, and the senior class picture
- Along with portraits, cadets will be granted a Photo Copyright Release which will allow them to legally print as many copies in whatever format they want.
What if my cadet failed to have his or her photo taken? Cadets had the opportunity to have photos taken during makeup days. These pictures, however, will not appear in the yearbook.
What’s the best finish to use for photos? A matte finish will give the photo a professional quality finish.
Have the photos been touched up? No. Photo re-touching services, however, are available at most professional printers. A Google search will help you find local and online services.
How long will photos be available? As long as the cadet is currently enrolled at The Citadel.
Check out those cool people in the blue shirts. That's us! The CFA Blue Shirt Army. We assisted nearly 800 cadets and their families on Matriculation Day.
Key Dates and Events 2018-19:
- Aug. 22nd Fall Classes Start (South Carolina Corps of Cadets – SCCC)
- Oct. 12th Senior Ring ceremony & academic Open House for Parents.
- Oct. 13th Parents Day
- Oct. 17th Leadership Day (SCCC)
- Nov. 9th-11th Homecoming Weekend
- Nov. 16th Fall Break – commences after last class
- Nov. 25th Fall Break ends – SCCC returns to campus
- Nov. 30th – Dec. 2nd Christmas Candlelight Service
- Dec. 13th Winter Furlough begins – individually follows last exam
- Jan. 6th Winter Furlough ends – SCCC returns to campus
- Mar. 8th Spring Break begins – follows last class
- Mar. 17th Spring Break ends – SCCC returns to campus
- Mar. 29th-31st Corps Day Weekend
- Mar. 30th Recognition Day
- May 3rd The Long Grey Line – Graduation Parade
- May 4th Commencement (Summer Furlough begins)
The Citadel has arranged a number of discounted hotel rates in the Charleston area.