SC Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC)
As of 1 May 2023, the Veteran Transformational Learning Initiative (VTLI) hosts the South Carolina Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC).
VBOC is designed as a one-stop-shop for transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses looking to start, purchase, or grow a business. Responsible for the Boots to Business, Reboot, business development assistance, training, counseling, mentoring, and resource referrals across South Carolina, the VTLI looks forward to assisting military-affiliated personnel in unlocking their entrepreneurial potential.
Registration Required: Prior to providing business counseling, the U.S. Small Business Administration required all clients to register with VBOC and complete the Request for Counseling Form. This form serves as the Confidentiality and Code of Conduct agreement. All client information is held in strict confidence. This request for business counseling is Free and Confidential.
Boots to Business (B2B) classes Schedule (face-to-face)
- Check availability at your local military installation (Search HERE for Fort Jackson, JB Charleston AFB, Shaw AFB, MCRD Paris Island, NWS, JB Charleston Weapon Station) – base access is required.
Boots to Business Reboot (B2B Reboot) classes (off installation) in SC
- Online (from anywhere) every 3rd Thursday of every month 1300-1700 EST
- Face-to-face in person (1-day)
- October 5 – Columbia @ USC/Columbia Technology Incubator – Register Here!
- October 28 – Charleston @ The Citadel – Register Here!
- November 16 – Greenville @ Upstate Warriors Solutions – Register Here!
- December 7 – Columbia @ USC/Columbia Technology Incubator – Register Here!
- December 14 – Charleston @ The Citadel (Bastin Hall 104) – Register Here!
CJ. Williams, Director of SC VBOC
Bastin Hall 328
Deborah Remsen, Business Advisor/Instructor (Columbia Area/Virtual SC VBOC Location)
Bastin Hall 328
David Desplaces, Director of VTLI/Instructional Designer/Business Advisor
Bastin Hall 319
Debra Petitpain, Business Advisor/Instructor (Charleston Area/Lowcountry)
Bastin Hall 326 email@example.com
Amy Brunson, Business Advisor/Instructor (Online)
Bastin Hall 326 firstname.lastname@example.org