French Study Abroad at The Citadel
Citadel French Trip - The Beauty of Cannes!
**Places are limited**
Classroom instruction in French and cultural excursions.
Students from any college/university meeting the following qualifications are cordially invited to apply:
- Completion of a previous French class French if taken for Requirement/Minor/Major in French. No previous class needed if taken as an Elective.
- GPA of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4)
- Interview with Program Director (by telephone if need be)
Credit: Earn 6 Credit Hours
Dates: 6/1 - 6/26/2020
Classes begin Monday, June 1st and end on Friday, June 26th, 2020. Students need to arrive in Cannes the day before the beginning of classes (Sunday, May 31st). Students are responsible for their own flight arrangements. Candidates may reserve their plane tickets anytime but must pay for their tickets only after the necessary forms have been completed and returned to them.
The final destination going to France is Cannes. Students have the option of flying directly to Nice, and then take a taxi or train to Cannes, or they may fly to Paris and board the train to Cannes (with 1 connection).
To enhance their immersion experience in France, students will be housed with a French-speaking host family in Cannes. Within a couple of weeks before their departure from the United States, students must contact the French campus with their arrival time. The host families will pick them up directly at the French campus.
* Included: registration and tuition, stay with host family, breakfast and dinner in Cannes, excursions, and insurance.
* Not included: airfare to France, lunches, passports, personal expenses, and independent travel.
* Dec. 10th: $500 non-refundable deposit. Deposits are done at the Treasurer's office, at the index #: 130200. Make sure to hand a copy of your deposit slip to Dr. Strobbe, in CA 234D. The remaining $3400 is due by February 28th.
|Dr. Caroline Strobbe, French Program Director
Department of Modern Languages
Charleston, SC 29409