SHSS Study Abroad Awards
The Citadel School of Humanities & Social Sciences plans to offer financial assistance to a limited number of students who wish to participate in one of the Citadel's summer study abroad programs in Estonia, France, or Spain. To be considered for one of these awards, which are worth up to $4,000.00 each, you must:
- Be pursuing a major or minor course of study within the School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Have a cumulative GPA above 3.0
- Have financial need as defined and documented by The Citadel's office of scholarships and financial aid
- Be approved by The Citadel's Center for International and Special Programs
- Complete and submit the SHSS Study Abroad application form by March 21, 2022 to: SHSS Study Abroad Grants Committee, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, 301 Mims Avenue or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application will be evaluated by a committee of faculty members that will make recommendations for final approval. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss this year's programs, drop by 301 Mims.
Check out “Charleston Accents” the Citadel Oral History Program’s new digital exhibit spotlighting the vibrant and varied accents of Charleston-area residents. The project features excerpts from seventeen interviews from the Citadel’s extensive oral history collection. Many of the interviews were conducted by Citadel and College of Charleston students whose work has helped build the program’s collection of more than four hundred interviews.