Policies, Procedures and Requirements
Important Academic Policy Updates in Reponse
to 2020 Pandemic and Online Continuation of Instruction
8 May 2020
Please see the linked documents:
While the information is as accurate as possible, in the case of any discrepancies between this webpage and the student's catalog of record, the catalog will be the final authority. Online catalogs can be found here.
The links on this page will provide detailed information about The Citadel's academic policies and procedures.
- Students who wish to change their major should consult with their Academic Advisors as well as with the Associate Dean or Department Head offering the new major.
- Forms for requesting a change of academic major are available in the Registrar's Office
Please visit the Class Absence System webpage for more information on class absences.
Final Exams, Grades, Readmission, Taking and Repeating Courses
Visit the Registrar's Web page for current Exam Schedules.
Leadership Course Requirements:
- Freshmen -- LDRS 101: First-Year Experience
- Sophomores -- LDRS 201: Sophomore Seminar in Principled Leadership and LDRS 211: Service Learning through the Krause Center for Leadership & Ethics
- Juniors -- LDRS 311: Junior Ethics Enrichment Experience (JEEE)
- Seniors -- LDRS 411: Senior Leadership Integration Seminar (SLIS)
Name Change: If you change your name at any point in your college career at The Citadel, you must notify the Registrar of the change. Otherwise, official documents (transcript or college diploma, for example) may be incorrect.
Please see the Ring Requirements webpage for more information on ring requirements.