History & Teaching Content Graduate Certificate
The Certificate in History and Teaching Content provides school teachers and other graduate students a current knowledge of world, western and United States history. The course curriculum in this certificate program places a special emphasis on relating content for the history classes and programs taught by elementary, middle and secondary-school teachers.
Click Image for Brochure For the latest news:
1. Completion of the online graduate application along with the non-refundable application fee.
2. Submission of an official transcript reflecting the highest degree earned from a regionally accredited college or university. Additional transcripts may be required depending on undergraduate course requirements by program.
3. Submission of letter of intent, no more than two pages, which answers the folowing questions:
a. How has your experience/education prepared you for graduate courses in history?
b. How will your knowledge, skills, and experiences contribute to this program’s learning community?
c. What do you hope to gain from this graduate certificate program?
4. Submission of the names and contact information for three (3) references familiar with your work. At least two of these references must be from professional colleagues (e.g. head of department, school principal or other administrator).
One of the two options must apply for acceptance into the program:
1. Baccalaureate degree in Elementary Education, Social Studies Education or History.
2. Baccalaureate degree in a related Social Studies field (e.g. Political Science, International Relations, Geography, Sociology, etc.) with at least two years of teaching experience in a Social Studies department or Elementary School classroom.
All material must be received by the CGC office and reviewed by the department to receive consideration for admission to this graduate certificate program. Coursework is not to begin until admission has been granted into the program.
For more information on the certificate program, please contact the History Department main office.
Graduate Certificate in History/Teaching Content
Amanda Mushal, PhD
Please refer to The Citadel Graduate College's website for a complete list of admission and program requirements and course descriptions, or click: